The Grimdark Compendium Masterclass is here to teach you how to streamline your creative process with our \”Method Development\” technique to get the most out of your time at the hobby table. Learn how to take your painting inspirations and ideas from just ideas to fully recognized and well-developed painting, modeling and weathering recipes, and application processes. Breakthrough creative skill ceilings with our \”Understanding and Application Studies\” technique and learn how to take this knowledge and forge your own take on the Grimdark Style.
In each video, I will show you the process that I use to take a project from concept to complete; all while you are following along, doing assignments, coming up with your own ideas, executing them, and by the end of the masterclass, you will have your very own fully completed project…or the understanding to do just that.
- Getting Started – Safety Guidelines and Recommended Materials
- Into the Dark – Grimdark Style Explained, Finding Inspiration, and Concepting
- Design Theory 1 – Rough Drafts Designs
- Design Theory 2 – Conceptual Environment Design
- Design Theory 3 – Understanding Environmental Effects and Weathering Applications
- Design Theory 4 – Mottling and Surface Variation
- Design Theory 5 – Being Bold and Creating New Techniques
- Course Review – Prepare for Masterclass Project
- Demo Part 1 – Surface Variations
- Demo Part 2 – More Surface Variations
- Demo Part 3 – Finishing Steps, Environmental Effects, and OSL
- Demo Part 4 – Weathering
- Masterclass Final – Method for Development Overview