Welcome to the Grimdark Compendium’s Guide to Mordheim! This deep dive into Games Workshop’s low-fantasy, tabletop skirmish game, developed in 1999, known for its darker tones and medieval apocalyptic atmosphere, will cover every aspect of the game. From art analysis, insights into the grimdark aspects, terrain/MDF treatments, and immersive gaming tips, to painting tutorials for every war band, this series will leave you with a deep knowledge of all things Mordheim!
In this intro video, I explain everything you can expect to learn from this 12-episode series, which will get you ready for what’s to come, and explain why Mordheim is such a fantastic game that is lately attracting more and more players and modelers, and how it survived so many years while still being iconic and unique.
Free Videos – Parts 1 and 2
Skill Level: Beginner – Advanced
Number of Videos: 12 Total (two episodes released per month)
1.City of the Damned Overview
2. Story and Warbands (Feb 15th Release date)
3. Alchemy, Aesthetic, and Models (March 1st Release date)
4. The Mercenaries (March 15th Release date)
5. The Cult of the Possessed (April 1st Release date)
6. The Witch Hunters (April 15th Release date)
7. The Sister of Sigmar (May 1st Release date)
8. The Undead (May 15th Release date)
9. The Skaven (June 1st Release date)
10. Architects of Madness Part I – Modeling (June 15th Release date)
11. Architects of Madness Part II – Painting (July 1st Release date)
12. Game Immersion in the City of the Damned (July 15th Release date)
Premium Videos: Parts 3 -12
Click on the headers below to find the recommended materials used in this course.
Some items may be a bit difficult to find, but a little internet searching usually finds you everything you’ll need.
- AK Interactive Dark Earth
- Citadel Mordant Earth
- Citadel Ryza Rust
Also, Stynylrez Grey Primer, or preferably any primer color from Stynylrez (black, white, grey).
Acrylic Inks and Washes
- Liquitex White Ink
- Citadel Contrast Paints: Snakebite Leather, Akhelian Green, Basilicanum Grey, Wyldwood, Black Templar, Guilliman Flesh, Flesh Tearers Red
- Citadel Shades: Reikland Fleshshade, Carroburg Crimson, Coelia Greenshade, Nuln Oil
Protective Varnish Products
- AK Interactive Ultra Matt Varnish
- Vallejo Gloss and Satin Varnish
Weathering Enamels and Washes
- AK012 Streaking Grime (new formula)
- AK013 Rust Streaks (old formula)
- AK045 Dark Brown Wash
- AK675 Decay Deposits
- Neutral Grey
- Dead Flesh
- Faded Green
- Copper Oxide Blue (Patina)
- Burnt Umber
- Dark Earth
- Urban Industry Dirt
- Light Yellow Ochre
Various Tools and Solvents
- Hobby knife
- Plastic cement glue
- AK Interactive Base Level airbrush
- Fengda Compressor FD-186
- Odorless artist white spirit
- Half-centimeter cork boards
- Q-tips / cotton buds
- Liquid Green Stuff
- Silicone brushes
- PVA Glue
- Toilet Paper
- Phone Cables
- Foam board
- DAS clay
- Texture roller
- Balsa wood
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot-glue gun
- Two bundles of cheap brushes, one for acrylics, one for oils. Sizes vary from 00 to 3 and 5, with a point, and flat ones. Also some old, scruffy, beaten-up brushes for various uses.
- Respirator with interchangeable cotton filters
- Nitrile gloves
- Protective Glasses
Really looking forward to see the rest of this series.
Awesome Thank you!
Love this series so much!
Thanks so much!
Awesome course, thanks for all the effort that goes into making these episodes. The passion shines through
Fantastic execution…truly compelling and atmospheric! I look forward to watching all 12 many times over.
Awesome! Thank you!
Holy hell this series is fantastic!
Another top notch episode! Narrative aspects combined with a great painting execution, what else?!
Hey do you know whre to get that fly fishing material ? All the stuff I have found has super long fur
Squrriel Fur is nice. Any fly fishing supply shop should have it.
The series is fantastic and captivating. The download links for episodes 5 and 6 don’t work however.
Can you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the links that you have so that I can check them?
Done! Thanks for the help